It’s important to know the difference between microblading and machine permanent makeup since it will help you choose the perfect method and training course for you and your potential clients.
Many clients are unaware that there’s more than one method within PMU, so having ample knowledge of each treatment type is the key to making sure your client fully understands the treatment they are planning to have. Another thing that clients may ask is why you offer one method and not the other, which means knowing the pros and cons of each technique is important.
What is Microblading SofTap Hand Method?
Microblading uses a microblade, which has rows of tiny, sharp needles attached to a manual hand tool to create incisions that deposit pigment into the skin. With the right Microblading Eyebrows Training Chicago you will learn to mimic the appearance of natural hair strokes in the brows and provide a natural result.
Microblading has been around for a long time and is hugely popular. This treatment is one of the most well-known permanent makeup treatments on the market.
What is the machine method?
Micropigmentation is also known as the machine method, which involves depositing pigment into the skin using a digital machine and a needle cartridge. It is different from the traditional tattoo machines, PMU machines have lower frequencies. Our micropigmentation training Chicago is here to teach you the right technique.
The machine method is newer than microblading but also became popular throughout recent years due to versatility. You can create shading, hair strokes, lines, and so much more with micropigmentation and multiple different PMU styles with a digital machine such as ombré, hair stroke, or combination brows.
Microblading Pros & Cons
- The results are very soft and natural, which is great for clients who want a subtle transformation.
- The amount of pigmentation placed is easier to control than with the machine that can generate up to a couple of thousand strokes in a minute. It controls you, and you have to keep up with it.
- Microblading strokes can be used just to fill sparse areas so, this process can greatly enhance the natural brow shape.
- It is very well-known since this treatment has been around for a long time. Most clients have already heard of this technique and will feel confident in having the procedure done.
- It’s not suitable for everyone since microblading may not be the best option for oily or thick skin clients. The pigment may fade quicker, and regular touch-ups will be needed to maintain results.
Machine Method Pros & Cons
- The machine is great for creating a range of styles, and it could be used for different PMU treatments.
- Great for all skin types: when healed, the results are thought to be longer-lasting than microblading, especially with clients who have oily skin types.
- The digital machine is great for clients who want to replicate their day-to-day makeup to have a more polished look without the effort.
- When clients are only familiar with microblading, they can be skeptical and reluctant to undergo treatment using a digital machine. They may also not like bolder brows created with this method. It’s not for clients who want very natural results.
- It may be expensive for a new artist compared to a microblade. The cost of the machine can be more expensive, especially when you’re opting for a quality machine from a trusted, global brand. However, this investment, together with the micropigmentation course Chicago, can be worthwhile.
Which method is the best option for a beginner?
With microblading SofTap hand method or machine, there are different pros and cons. The technique you choose to learn usually comes down to your personal preferences. You may also want to research which treatments are the most popular in your area.
Some PMU artists start with microblading because it is easier to focus on mastering one treatment (for example only the brows). It will allow you to perfect your skills before moving on to any other treatments. Whichever method you decide is the best option for you – investing in quality training is an absolute must!
Are you looking to start a permanent makeup business, or maybe you are looking for training courses? There’s no need to look further because we offer the best permanent makeup training Chicago has to offer.
Leave a reply