The healing and restorative power of the Om chant is world renown. It purifies and enhances your environment and everything around you. It is the embodiment of Om Spa’s mission philosophy and what we strive to achieve. “Om” puts your most beautiful positive attributes forward.
“I’ve always been driven to help people with my lifelong passion for artistic creations, including: makeup, skincare, beauty and fashion.”
– Catrina Tansey
While her Aunties didn’t appreciate her playing in their cosmetics bags and breaking their favorite lipsticks, that was the start of Catrina’s creative journey as a beauty professional. From color exploration to sewing her own dolls clothes while cows fed on grass nearby, her youth in Krakow, Poland fostered her innovative entrepreneurial spirit.
Living a good life with her own esthetic business, teaching in Esthetic school, coaching students in her beauty salon, and studying business management and marketing, Catrina decided years ago to take a vacation to the United States. And felt instantly like she had found her real home. Always up for a challenge, she stayed and eventually created an Academy in 2010 (after being trained by SofTap & Nouveau Contour) and Om Spa was born.
Now an internationally credentialed and licensed professional esthetician, makeup artist, and sought after teacher and mentor, Catrina’s passion for her profession has kept her current on the latest trends and technology. Her detail-oriented drive and perfectionism combined with her innate natural creative abilities have helped her win awards and to successfully grow her business and training programs. With her technical expertise and talented artist eye for micropigmentation treatments, she is dedicated to raising the standards in the industry.
- Created an Academy in 2010 after being trained by SofTap & Nouveau Contour.
- A diplomat of The American Academy of Micropigmentation. Conforming to the highest standards and ethics within the permanent makeup industry.
- In 2011, Catrina won 1st place in the Micropigmentation Competition, a national permanent makeup contest in Orlando, Florida, organized by The American Academy of Micropigmentation.
- Partner to SofTap since 2011. (certified teacher, distributor, & technician)
Partner to Nouveau Contour since 2015.
- Certified Esthetic teacher in Poland. Taught esthetics in a government school for five years.
- Operated two skincare, makeup and nail salons in Poland since 1999.
Collaborated with the local television station in Gorzow, as an expert professional on beauty topics.
- 22+ years of experience as a teacher and beauty mentor for individuals and professionals.
- Licensed in Illinois and in Poland/Europe.
- Owner of Om Spa, a permanent makeup & skin care services and training & supply center based in Chicago, Illinois.
Meet The Team
Catrina is the founder of OM SPA, licensed Esthetician in Illinois and in Europe with over 23 years of experience with beauty industry, skin care, make up and teaching.
Utterly passionate about her profession and helping people, she created OM SPA and Advanced
Academy of Cosmetic
Tattoo in 2010 after partnering with SofTap Inc. and Nouveau Contour -the biggest internationally recognizable brands in Permanent Cosmetics.
Catrina is a diplomat of American Academy of Micropigmentation and in 2011 won 1st place in the nationall permanent make up competition in Orlando. With her technical expertise and talented artistic eye for makeup and cosmetic tattoo treatments, she is dedicated to raising the standards in the industry.
Catrina’s assistant, permanent makeup instructor, permanent makeup tattoo master artist, scalp micropigmentation specialist, at Om Spa.
Ania is a highly talented and skilled permanent makeup technician and a great instructor with attention to detail. Originally trained with a European instructor, Ania was extensively trained by Catrina with all signature Om SPA cosmetic tattoo applications and all Catrina’s secrets and tricks.